Thursday, April 10, 2008

Haruhi the Hostage

The Japanese online store I bought her from has notified me since last month that she's been shipped so I thought she would be here by last week. I waited and waited but no Pinky Haruhi Suzimiya arrived. I checked the tracking site and it showed that the package arrived after three days.

This afternoon, I found out the reason for her delay. Our Bureau of Customs is holding her. She is being subjected to duties!!!

I can't believe that a single piece of plastic doll would be held hostage and subjected to taxes almost three times her price. What kind of policy is this?

Government must be so cash strapped that it wants people to pay for something that is not even worth a thousand pesos!!!

I feel sorry for dear Haruhi languishing in the warehouse of EMS. BUT I really can't bring myself to pay for the duties being imposed on her. I wanted her badly but I'd rather give her up than cough up for something as unreasonable as what this government wanted me to pay for her release.

Forgive me my dear Haruhi. But I'll just wait for your release here. Even if it takes some two to three months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.